Category Archives: BOCOM Minutes

All board chair minutes will be posted here in chronological order.

BOCOM Minutes 10-8-12

BOCOM Meeting Minutes for October 8, 2012

Leave a comment

Filed under BOCOM Minutes

BOCOM Minutes 10-1-12

BOCOM Meeting Minutes for 10-1-12

Leave a comment

Filed under BOCOM Minutes

BOCOM Minutes 09-24-12

Board Of Clubs and Organizational Management

Meeting Minutes of September 24, 2012

 

  1. The meeting was called to order at 7:09 pm
  2. The following members were present: Natalie Sabino, Jessica Martinez, John Eno (Chairperson), Heather Walton (Late)
  3. Approval of   Minutes
    1. Natalie Moves Jess Seconds
    2. Minutes approved 2-0-0
    3. Chair Report
      1. Clusters

i.     The board had a discussion on how they felt that the first cluster meeting of the semester went.

ii.     We talked about  some new ideas to promote cluster meetings and how to change the meeting set up

iii.     Get clubs to know what cluster they fall under.

iv.     New Ideas

  1. Need to make sure we have the agenda to the Reps the Friday before the cluster.
  2. Food- Talk to Executive board and Denise about where
  3. Make two different agendas one for reps and one clubs
  4. We need to figure out who are active clubs and who are inactive clubs.

v.     There was a few clusters that there were no representatives there

  1. Club Fair

i.     Was a success John was able to reach out to all of the clubs and organizations that were there.

  1. Executive Sessions

i.     We talked about which ones we wanted to do

  1. Collegiate Link
  2. Treasurer/ Char
  3. Vice President
  4. Club Organization 101
  5. Newsletter

i.     Heather will be working on this during the week based on previous ones.

  1. New Ideas

i.     Finish the Club Manual put information inside of resource room.

  1. Meeting Adjournment
    1. Jess Moves and Heather Seconds
    2. Meeting adjourned at 7:44 pm

 

Leave a comment

Filed under BOCOM Minutes

BOCOM Minutes 09-13-12

Board of Clubs and

Organizational Management

September 13, 2012 

  1. The meeting was called to order at 3:56
  2. The following members were present: John Eno (Chair Person), Jess Martinez and Natalie Sabino
  3. Approval of Minutes
    1. Jess Moved and Natalie seconded
    2. Motion Carries 2-0-0
    3. Chair Report:
      1. Cluster Reps

i.     The sheet has been updated from last year. It has been sent to Denise and Executive board and some changes have been made.

  1. Information Sheets:

i.     We have the sheets from last years clusters for the reps when they facilitate the meetings. Each member has a copy is going to look it over for revisions.

  1. Email

i.     John and Heather worked on an email to send personally from the reps to the clubs presidents. The board members have a copy of it to review.

ii.     Reps will be splitting the list in half and sending them out next week during office hours.

iii.     Information for the email came from the bocom newsletter last year.

iv.     The list and the email will be attached to the SGA Owls email

  1. Clusters

i.     We talked about the space and set up for the cluster meeting and how we thought to get more interaction so people could hear each other better.

  1. Club Fair

i.     Jess will be working on a flyer with the information for all the commissioners and the BOCOM chairperson for the consultations to be given out at club fair next Wednesday.

ii.     Eno will be walking around and introducing himself to the clubs during club fair and reaching out to them.

  1. Bocom Meeting

i.     The new meeting time will be on Monday Nights at 6:30 in the archive room.

ii.     Jordan will be joining our meetings.

  1. Adjournment
    1. Jess moves Natalie Seconds
    2. Meeting adjourned at 4:23 pm

 

Leave a comment

Filed under BOCOM Minutes

BOCOM Minutes 09-06-12

Board Of Clubs and Organizational Management

Meeting Minutes of September 6, 2012

 

  1. The meeting was called to order at 3:48 pm
  2. The following members were present: Natalie Sabino, Jessica Martinez, John Eno (Chairperson)
  3. Chair Report
    1. Club Manual

i.     Have been working on it over the summer just trying to make it easier to read and understand.

ii.     Not as long as it had previously been

  1. Leadership Retreat

i.     Went very well. We had a very good turnout from clubs and organizations.

  1. Clusters:

i.     The cluster dates are set.

ii.     Working on the cluster reps for sga. Just waiting to hear back from Denise and E-Board

iii.     September 24,2012 is the first cluster date 1pm in Farnham Programming space

iv.     Working on a set of consequences for not attending cluster meetings.

v.     Reps will be sending an email from them to the members of the cluster to introduce themselves and inform them about the clusters.

  1. Brochure/Newsletter

i.     Want to work on updating the brochure that was created a couple of years ago.

ii.     Working on a quarterly newsletter for the clubs. Hopefully have the first one for club fair.

  1. Meeting time

i.     Trying to work on a new meeting time to include all members and advisors.

  1. Meeting Adjournment
    1. Natalie Moves and Jess Seconds
    2. Meeting adjourned at 3:56 pm

Leave a comment

Filed under BOCOM Minutes

BOCOM 9-16-12

Board Of Clubs and Organizational Management
Meeting Minutes of September 6, 2012

1. The meeting was called to order at 3:48 pm

2. The following members were present: Natalie Sabino, Jessica Martinez, John Eno (Chairperson)

3. Chair Report

a. Club Manual

i. Have been working on it over the summer just trying to make it easier to read and understand.

ii. Not as long as it had previously been

b. Leadership Retreat

i. Went very well. We had a very good turnout from clubs and organizations.

c. Clusters:

i. The cluster dates are set.

ii. Working on the cluster reps for sga. Just waiting to hear back from Denise and E-Board

iii. September 24, 2012 is the first cluster date 1pm in Farnham Programming space

iv. Working on a set of consequences for not attending cluster meetings.

v. Reps will be sending an email from them to the members of the cluster to introduce themselves and inform them about the clusters.

d. Brochure/Newsletter

i. Want to work on updating the brochure that was created a couple of years ago.

ii. Working on a quarterly newsletter for the clubs. Hopefully have the first one for club fair.

e. Meeting time

i. Trying to work on a new meeting time to include all members and advisors.

4. Meeting Adjournment

a. Natalie Moves and Jess Seconds.

Leave a comment

Filed under BOCOM Minutes

BOCOM Minutes 03-07-12

Board of Clubs and Organizational Management

Minutes from March 7, 2012 

Meeting called to order at 12:14pm

Members in Attendance: Heather Walton, Stefan Keller

1.)     Resource Room Offices

  1. Leslie sent out the old resource room office application and the board reviewed it in the meeting. The board wanted to emphasize collaboration and contribution to the university community as big criteria for usage of an office space.
  2. Stefan will send the edited application to the rest of the board for review and then to Student Life next week. Our goal is to have the application out by April 1st.

2.)    Club Manual

  1. Stefan mentioned that work is continuing on the club manual and that he will be bringing pieces of it for review at the next meeting.

Meeting adjourned at: 12:45pm

Leave a comment

Filed under BOCOM Minutes