Category Archives: BPR Minutes

All board chair minutes will be posted here in chronological order.

BPR Minutes 09-26-12

Board of Public Relations

September 26, 2012 at 3:00 PM


  1. Meeting Called to Order: 3:04


  1. Attendance: Marcus, Matt (chairperson), Jermaine, Cam


  1. Old Business
    1. Club Fair: very successful and went well. A lot of people signed up and were interested.
  1. New Business
    1. New Logo Proofs: Marcus and Cam will continue to create proofs of logos during office hours.
    2. Promotional Ideas: Got ideas of staplers from Darter. They were $1.82 each for minimum 250, which is $455.00. We are going to look for more prices.


  1. Questions or Comments


  1. Adjourn: 3:20 Marcus 1st, Cam 2nd

Leave a comment

Filed under BPR Minutes

BPR Minutes 09-19-12

Board of Public Relations

Sept 19th 2012 at 3:00 PM

  1. Meeting Called to Order: 3:04 PM


  1. Attendance: Matt (chairperson), Cam, Marcus, Jermaine


  1. Old Business
    1. Bulletin Board: We decided that we would continue to put information on the bulletin boards. Marcus proposed that we should put our faces as well as a group shot of everyone from SGA on the board. I want to do that after the elections.
    2. Mini-Staplers: I am going to look at prices to bring to the meeting next week.


  1. New Business
    1. New Logo: Cam volunteered to work on the logo for the body meeting on Friday
    2. Promotional Ideas: We also mentioned possibly getting Frisbees. We thought that could be a fun promotional idea and a fun way to promote SGA.


  1. Questions or Comments
  2. Adjourn: 3:20 PM, Marcus 1st, Cam 2nd

Leave a comment

Filed under BPR Minutes

BPR Minutes 09-12-12

Board of Public Relations

Minutes from September 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM

  1. Meeting Called to Order: 3:03 pm


  1. Attendance: Marcus, Natalie, Jermaine, Cam, Matt (chairperson)


  1. Old Business
    1. Club Fair: Cam said he is going to update the pamphlets during his office hours Thursday. Matt and Marcus are going to work on the tri-fold board for the table. We plan to give out any pens or mints that we have as well.
    2. Bulletin Board: We are going to start working on the board next week after club fair.
  1. New Business
    1. New Logo: Erin and I made a rough sketch of a logo that everyone liked so far. We plan to have a completed logo to bring to the board next week. Marcus said to try to incorporate the owl into the logo somehow.
    2. Promotional Ideas: We want to move forward in getting mini-staplers and possibly putting the new logo on them when the logo is completed. Also thinking about ordering more pens.


  1. Questions or Comments: Natalie brought up the question of when we are going to order apparel. I (matt) said that first I wanted to finish a logo to put on the apparel and we are going to look into apparel more. My goal is to have apparel ready for the new reps in October.
  2. Adjourned: 3:33 pm; 1st Natalie, 2nd Marcus

Leave a comment

Filed under BPR Minutes

BPR Minutes 09-05-12

Board Of Public Relations Minutes

Sept 5th 2012 at 4:00pm

  1. Meeting called to order: 4:02 pm


  1. Attendance: Matt (chairperson), Cam, Marcus, Jermaine


  1. Old Business: Brief review of Retreat Notes


  1. New Business:
    1. Promotional ideas for semester: Marcus said mini staplers. Matt also mentioned possibly Iphone cases, depending on price, and Koozies
    2. Club Fair:

v Jermaine, Marcus and Matt are going to work on the new tri-fold board for the SGA table

v Cam is going to work on updating the pamphlets for the club fair as well

C.   Bulletin Boards: We decided that the bulletin board in front of ASC 201 will be an info board about the SGA members. There will also be additional information there about meeting times for boards and body meeting. We want to make the board fun to gain new members. The board in font of the office will have information about the commissions and important events on campus such as homecoming, day of service, spring week.


  1. Website:

v Jermaine volunteers to update website

v Matt volunteers to update SGA Facebook

v Marcus volunteers to update SGA Twitter


  1. Adjourned: 1st-Marcus, 2nd Cam- 4:23 pm


Leave a comment

Filed under BPR Minutes

BPR Minutes 04-11-12

Board of Public Relations

April 11, 2012

        I.            Attendance: Andrell (Chair), Bethany, Matt, Jermaine, Sarah

II.            Called to Order: 1:10pm

III.            Old Business

  1. Logo

i.      Was told wings were too angel like, realized it was better to just go simple instead of trying to be extravagant.

ii.      Proposal will be to have one Logo with no wings. (See below)

  1. Bulletin Boards

i.      Andrell talked to Denise and she said she has to talk to Eric about the designation of the new boards

ii.      Andrell talked to Kaitlyn, who said the new boards haven’t been assigned to anyone yet.

iii.      We will Go ahead and use original board to promote events and things going on throughout the end of the semester.

  1. Pins

i.      Andrell got info about them and was told they would take about 4-6 weeks so they are a no go.

IV.            New Business

  1. BPR goals for the end of the semester

i.      Keep updating Facebook and Twitter

ii.      Get the Password for the twitter

iii.      Making sure board chairs are sending minutes to SGA email so they can continue to be uploaded

iv.      Work to put all the info I have together for new board chair

V.            Adjourn: 1:27

Leave a comment

Filed under BPR Minutes

BPR Minutes 04-04-12

Board of Public Relation

April 4, 2012

        I.            Attendance – Bethany Tuller, Matt Podgurski, Andrell Hoyte, Jermaine Williams

II.            Call to order – 1:05 pm

III.            Old Business

  1. No old Business

IV.            New Business

  1. Logo

i.      We have two logos to choose between, the one with the wings and the other without the wings. Andrell suggests we use both. Use the wings for fun things and the other for official business and official documents.

ii.      Bethany suggest looking for a more owl like wings

  1. Boards

i.      There is another board available but we might have to give up our old one. We should keep our old board if we cannot keep both.

ii.      Finish the old Board.

  1. New things for End of Semester

i.      Pins with our new logo for our last meeting

  1. Announcement and Concerns

i.      The websites is updated, except for body minutes

ii.      Just remind everyone to send minutes to the SGA email.

V.            Adjournment

  1. Meeting adjourned at 1:25 pm

Leave a comment

Filed under BPR Minutes

BPR Minutes 03-28-12

BPR Minutes – 03/28/2012

v Call to Order – 1:05pm

v Attendance Andrell, Matt, Nicole, Jermaine

v Old Business

  • Ø Haven’t had an official meeting in 2 weeks
  • Ø Spent last two meetings updating board and website.
    • SGA Website
      • Jermaine has put up SGA minutes and all board minutes that he has received.
  • SGA Board progress in limbo
    • Figuring out if we are using the board outside our room or if we are keeping the one in from of 201. Don’t have all the details.

v New Business

  • Ø Still need pictures of Mary, Cory, Tom, Jeff…need to coordinate with TV station to use camera and background
  • Ø Need people who will help to be responsible for redoing the Board in front of 201
    • New posters, advertisements and brochures
    • Ø New ideas for promotions
      • Pins, Frisbees etc…

v Adjourn – 1:27pm

Leave a comment

Filed under BPR Minutes

BPR Minutes 02-29-12

Board of Public Relation

Meeting minutes of February 29, 2012

The meeting was called to order at 1:02 pm

Members Present: Andrell Hoyte (Chairperson), Jermaine Williams, Bethany Tuller, Matt Podgurski

Old Business

  1. Pens
  2. New design for SGA Logo submitted to E-Board
    1. Will be discussed at SGA meeting during new business.
    1. Ordered, being changed from blue pens with white writing to silver pens with blue writing because the company is currently OOS on blue pens. Sal says it fine.
  1. Banner for Conn Hall
    1. Jermaine talked to Service Team to explain the idea of the banner, and they are board. Service Team will send an email with names and emails of individuals who are willing to help.
  2. SGA Table Cloth
    1. Preliminary information from Darter is about $250 for blue with white printing. Instant printing did not respond to quote request yet.
    2. Waiting for actual quote from darter,  still figuring out what to put on the table cloth.

New Business

  1. Need help to decorate the board, need board supplies, themes. He will seek help from other representatives.
    1. Jermaine, Leslie, Matt offered but anyone can help.
    2.  Mondays, Wednesday, and Thursday are possible dates for the board updating in front of 201.
    3. Idea on advertising the topic being discussed on our board and also advertising new speakers.
  2. Pictures of Representatives needed
    1. Cory, Mary, Tom, Jeff
  3. New Ideas for promotions
    1. Tabled to focus other things
  4. Jermaine will make a folder for  SGA and Board Chair minutes and tell board chair to cc the SGA email.

*****Next week our meeting time will be used to update the website and the board*******


The meeting was adjourned at 1: 20 p.m.

Leave a comment

Filed under BPR Minutes

BPR Minutes 09-19-11

Board of Public Relations

Meeting Minutes 9/19/2011

I)              Meeting was called to order at 3:03 PM

II)            Attendance: Andrell Hoyte (Chairperson), Erin McGuckin, Tom Hils

III)          Old Business

  1. Darter: the order has been given to the Executive Board and once it is approved by them the items will be ordered
  2. Parking: Pisci’s going to talk to Chief Dooley about the parking situation since Andrell hasn’t gotten a response
  3. Brochure: Andrell has been working on it and it’s in the process of being updates; Andrell is hoping to have it done by Wednesday
  4. Board for Club Fair: Erin will finish it today during her office hours
  5. e.     Pictures for Poster: Andrell still needs pictures from Tom, Chris, and Marcus before he can get the poster printed out
  6. f.      Bulletin Board: Going to work on getting new things printed out and have it put together this week and are hoping to have it completed by next Monday or Tuesday

IV)          New Business

  1. Website: Andrell and Tom have been working on updating it and Erin will have the new password soon
  2. Dining Hall QR Codes: We’re going to be handing out the QR codes to students personally, as well as making table tents with the codes on them for the Student Center and Conn Hall
  3. QR Code for BSI Page: The code is complete and Andrell will be getting it to Erin
  4. BSI Page: Trying to get the Southern Facebook page and Twitter to post it so we can get more people on it
  5. Elections: We’re going to work on making posters for the class elections and SGA elections once we get the information from Leslie

V)            Meeting was adjourned at 3:25 PM

Leave a comment

Filed under BPR Minutes

BPR Minutes 09-12-11

BPR Meeting Minutes

I)              Meeting called to order at 3:08 PM

II)            Members in attendance: Andrell Hoyte (Board Chair), Erin McGuckin

III)          New Business

  1. Darter Order
  • Andrell contacted Darter about getting fleeces, Navy t-shirts, and polo’s
  • Needs to figure out how many are needed so he can fit it into our budget
  1. Parking
  • Email sent out
  • Working on getting information from Chief Dooley about Parking once the garage starts being constructed
  • Once we get the information we will hang a poster with the information along with parking tips for the students
  1. Brochure
  • Andrell worked on it and showed it to Sal
  • Need to change the pictures and add what information people would want to know right away as well as what SGA can do for them
  • Edits will be done by the next meeting
  1. Board for Club Fair
  • Erin is working on so it can be done by Wednesday for the Club Fair
  1. Poster for Bulletin Board
  • Poster with the pictures is almost done
  • Need to get everyone’s pictures before we can hang it up (Missing: Sarah Green, Chris Rosa, and Marcus Lewis)

IV)          Meeting adjourned at 3:19 PM

Leave a comment

Filed under BPR Minutes