Category Archives: BSA Minutes

All board chair minutes will be posted here in chronological order.

BSA Minutes 9-17-12

BSA Meeting Minutes from September 17, 2012

Leave a comment

Filed under BSA Minutes

BSA Minutes 9-8-12

BSA Meeting Minutes from October 8, 2012

Leave a comment

Filed under BSA Minutes

BSA Minutes 9-1-2012

BSA Meeting Minutes from October 1, 2012

Leave a comment

Filed under BSA Minutes

BSA Minutes 09-10-12

Board of Student Advocacy

Monday, September 10, 2012

The regular meeting of the Board of Student Advocacy was held on Monday, September 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm, in the Student Government Association (RM 222) in the Adanti Student Center, the Board Chair Leslie Betters being present. Representatives-at-Large: Chris Hazelton, Natalie Sabino, Jordan Taylor, Jermaine Williams, and Nicole Cassidy.

  • Campus beautification: being respectful towards others and throwing away trash and cigarette butts as well as recycling. Will brainstorm for more ideas. Might collaborate with BPR to advertize across the campus.
  • Continue looking into smoking on campus. Research other CT campuses.
  • Look into having a suggestion box either outside the office or at the ASC info desk. Advertize by email and/or posters.
  • Financial Aid. See if it’s possible to streamline the process for new and transfer students. Portions of the process are confusing and/or not explained well. Look into customer service and the general “welcoming” environment of the office.

The meeting adjourned at 2:05pm.

Leave a comment

Filed under BSA Minutes

BSA Minutes 04-12-12

Board of Student Advocacy

Thursday, April 12, 2012

The regular meeting of the Board of Student Advocacy was held on Thursday, March 12, 2012 at 3:16 pm, in the Archive Room (ASC 218) in the Adanti Student Center, the Board Chair Leslie Betters being present. Representatives-at-Large: Billy O’Connor, Brian Pedalino, Nicole Cassidy, Mary Higgins, and Erin McGuckin. Guest: Chief Dooley

  • Chief Dooley attended the meeting to talk about safety on campus. Chief Dooley will speak with Facilities about adding additional lighting outside of the Engleman bagel wagon. He will also contact the emergency light company to see if there is a way to improve the visibility of the emergency boxes located on the sides of buildings. We also spoke in depth about campus shuttles, the issues, and possible improvements.
  • Mary and Leslie will meet with the department head of Public Health to talk about the reasoning behind the recent department wide grade change.
  • We will be printing and handing out the comment/issue cards until the end of the semester.

 

The meeting adjourned at 4:28pm.

Leave a comment

Filed under BSA Minutes

BSA Minutes 04-05-12

Board of Student Advocacy

Thursday, April 5, 2012

The regular meeting of the Board of Student Advocacy was held on Thursday, March 12, 2012 at 3:18 pm, in the Archive Room (ASC 218) in the Adanti Student Center, the Board Chair Leslie Betters being present. Representatives-at-Large: Billy O’Connor, Brian Pedalino, Nicole Cassidy, and Mary Higgins

  • Brian will be emailing Chief Dooley to invite him to the BSA meeting on 4/12/12 to talk about the blue lights and visibility, police training and drills, and a few other topics.
  • The purple desks were replaced in all of the classrooms of Morrill-Jennings, Davis and Pelz except room 008 in Pelz.
  • Leslie will email Facilities to talk about adding additional lighting to the stairwells of Davis.
  • Mary will email the head of the Public Health department to set up a meeting about the new grade requirements
  • Leslie will talk with Nicole to work on possible options for helping students that need to take the new praxis even though they took praxis 2.
  • Leslie will also set up a meeting with the Tutoring Center to talk about additional departments being added into the program.
  • Billy will work with Andrell on the comment/issue card.

 

The meeting adjourned at 4:05pm.

Leave a comment

Filed under BSA Minutes

BSA Minutes 03-01-12

Board of Student Advocacy

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The regular meeting of the Board of Student Advocacy was held on Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 3:18 pm, in the Archive Room (ASC 218)  in the Adanti Student Center, the Board Chair Leslie Betters being present. Representatives-at-Large: Billy O’Connor,  Brian Pedalino, and Mary Higgins Guest: Dan Cosgrove

  • Brian will be emailing Chief Dooley to invite him to the BSA meeting on 4/12/12 to talk about the blue lights and visibility, police training and drills, and a few other topics.
  • The purple desks were replaced in all of the classrooms of Morrill-Jennings, Davis and Pelz except room 008 in Pelz.
  • Leslie will email Facilities to talk about adding additional lighting to the stairwells of Davis.
  • Mary will email the head of the Public Health department to set up a meeting about the new grade requirements
  • Leslie will talk with Nicole to work on possible options for helping students that need to take the new praxis even though they took praxis 2.
  • Leslie will also set up a meeting with the Tutoring Center to talk about additional departments being added into the program.
  • Billy will work with Andrell on the comment/issue card.

 

The meeting adjourned at 4:05pm.

Leave a comment

Filed under BSA Minutes

BSA Minutes 03-08-12

Board of Student Advocacy

Thursday, March 8, 2012

The regular meeting of the Board of Student Advocacy was held on Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 3:37 pm, in the Archive Room (ASC 218)  in the Adanti Student Center, the Board Chair Leslie Betters being present. Representatives-at-Large: Billy O’Connor, Erin McGuckin, Brian Pedalino, and Mary Higgins. Guest: Judith Jarret

  • We brainstormed about how to educate students who smoke on campus about the law. Leslie has a meeting with CAC and Public Health for next week to brainstorm.
  • Brian will email Chief Dooley about the blue button test and lights outside the bagel wagon.
  • Mary and Leslie will look at the rooms in Morrill-Jennings that have the old purple chairs. Mr. Sheeley will hopefully be replacing them during spring break.
  • Billy will be working with Andrell on the comment card draft.
  • Leslie will be getting a copy or at least be able to look at the Chartwells contact. She will also be speaking to Danny about the recent food inspection by EcoSure.

The meeting adjourned at 4:34 pm.

Leave a comment

Filed under BSA Minutes

BSA Minutes 03-15-12

The regular meeting of the Board of Student Advocacy was held on Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 3:23 pm, the Board Chair Leslie Betters being present. Representatives-at-Large: Mary Higgins Guest: Dan Cosgrove

Leslie, Mary and Dan walked around campus to look for class rooms that have the old purple chairs that need to be replaced. The following classrooms need new chairs:

  • Morrill: 006; 009; 011; 014; 016; 111
  • Jennings: 227
  • Pelz: 006A; 006B; 008
  • Davis:104; 106; 122;124; 211; 218; 219; 220; 222; 224; 226

The meeting adjourned at 4:12 pm.

Sincerely,

Leslie Betters

Board Chairperson of the Board of Student Advocacy

Student Government Association

Southern Connecticut State University

bettersl1@owls.southernct.edu

Leave a comment

Filed under BSA Minutes

BSI Minutes 09-21-11

Board of Student Issues

Minutes from September 21st, 2011

 

Meeting Called to Order at 5:07pm

 

Attendance: Bill O’Connor, Jermaine Williams, Erin McGuckin (chair), Stefan Keller

 

1.)   Issues Updates

  1. Chairs in Davis/ Moril

i.     Stefan/ Erin checked rooms where all the red chair are in Moril, Davis, and Pelz Gym

ii.     Bob Sheeley said it will take 8-12 weeks to order new chairs

  1. Parking

i.     Drell e-mailed Chief Dooley and is trying to focus on the shuttle service to Eli Whitney considering the recent incident nearby

ii.     Small parking lot behind 12 looks to be about the same size as Farnham

  1. Construction

i.     Fixing sidewalk between Moril and Jennings

ii.     Finalization in Library plans occurring

 

2.)   Meet Your SGA

  1. Moved day to Monday October 3rd as there are too many board meetings Wednesday
  2. Stefan will e-mail Brad for tables

 

3.)   Dunkin Surveys

  1. Will be ready to go for office hours next week
  2. Cleared with Leslie to use office hours
  3. Important as service seems to be declining recently

 

4.)   New Business

  1. Making spreadsheet with issues and who is working on them
  2. Smoking posts issues

i.     Need to research other universities

  1. Have article in newspaper about different student issues, call for people to contact us about any they have

 

Meeting Adjourned: 5:37pm

Leave a comment

Filed under BSA Minutes