Mission Statement: The Southern Connecticut State University Student Government Association is hereby established in order to:
- Serve as the voice of all undergraduate students, hereafter referred to as the student body;
- Promote the welfare of the undergraduate student body;
- Function as the liaison to the faculty, staff, and administration of the university;
- Recommend to the university changes in its administrative policies for the betterment of the student body and the university; and to
- Enact and implement all legislation desirable and beneficial to the student body.