Category Archives: BCR Minutes
Board of Constitutional Review
Meeting Minutes from Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Location: Adanti Student Center Room 218
Call to Order: 12:19 PM
Attendance: Jermaine Williams (chairperson), Alex Audet, Julia Yambao, Nicole Cassidy, John Eno, Sal Rizza (advisor)
The Following Proposals were discussed and Jermaine will be contacting the students from these organizations regarding the following:
- Botany Club– The constitution needs to be typed and the necessary changes need to be added
- Democracy matters– Jermaine is looking for more clarification about the organization, particularly about the National Organization that it is affiliated with
- Operation Smiles– This is a group that is affiliated with a national organization. BCR needs some clarification about what they define as quorum. Alex will work on this constitution and serve as the contact person.
- The Fight for Change Club– There is a proposal but not constitution. Jermaine will send them an e-mail asking for a constitution.
- The Financial Management Association– There is some confusion as to whether or not the organization wants to be a new organization on campus or students are simply looking to affiliate it with another organization that previously existed on campus, the Finance Club. There is no contact and no proposal attached to the constitution. Jermaine will see if Kristina has any information for someone to contact.
- Computer Club– They submitted a revised constitution but did not indicate what the changes were or submit the old constitution with it.
Proposals are in currently in review for the following organizations:
- Wish maker
- Speech and Language Hearing Association
- Exposure (Photography club)
- Meditation Club
- Parkour and Free Running Society- Jermaine sent them an e-mail regarding his concerns. The response back from the student was that many other college campuses do not allow any sort of Parkour organization as a recognized organization on their campuses. There are several areas of concern regarding safety and the nature of the organization.
- Women’s Rugby Club– no progress as of yet
- Travel Club– Nicole reached out to the contact person for the Travel Club but due to lack of interest the student is not longer pursuing the creation of the organization and has instead decided to join up with the Recreation Club.
- Alpha Omega Christian Club– Denise and Sal are looking into further details about the organization.
- Clubs Status Reference Guide– Sal asked if BCR could create a quick reference guide or spread sheet about the status of the organizations which would include information such as which clubs are recognized organizations and which clubs are in the proposal phase. Sal will work with Julia on creating this guide.
Meeting adjourned: 1:04 PM